From DREAMINVEST VILLA AZZURE we are committed to the privacy of our clients, users, contacts, as well as the personnel who provide services with us. Part of our commitment is to be transparent in this matter, which is why we publish this information, in order to duly inform:
- Of your rights and the use of this website BEFORE providing the data.
- Of the measures that guarantee the safeguarding and integrity of the data.
- So that the consent prior to the sending of data by you can be duly substantiated.
All this complying with all the legal obligations set forth in Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights, as well as its development regulations and any other Spanish or European regulations applicable in The matter.
1.- Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
Identity: DREAMINVEST VILLA AZZURE SL
Mailing address: Avda. Cortes Valencianas 39-11B
Telephone: 96 3385484
2. What is the purpose of processing your data?
- That you can contact us (through the contact forms).
- Being able to offer you information about news and services that we can provide you now or in the future (via subscription to newsletter or circulars).
- If you send us a request for contact, consultation or information, we will also ask you if you want us to send you the information that we send to our list of newsletter subscribers.
- Once collected, your data becomes part of a treatment to which the corresponding security measures are applied.
3. How long will we keep your data?
The personal data collected through the web forms will be kept for the duration of your relationship with us: Once the relationship ends, they will remain blocked (we will not process them) in order to comply with possible legal obligations. Subsequently, we will proceed to remove it from our databases.
4. What is the legitimacy for the processing of your data?
We can legally process the data that we request from you by providing us with your consent to do so. This is so because you have expressly expressed your consent by activating the box I have read and accept.
5. Are your data communicated to other recipients?
The data that you enter on the web will not be communicated to other entities, except by legal imperative or to be able to comply with the purpose for which they were provided.
6. What rights do you have when providing us with your data?
They are the following:
- Right to information You have the right to be clearly informed BEFORE your data is collected about what your data is being processed, for what purpose it is processed, where the data was obtained and if they are going to communicate it or have communicated it to someone.
- Right of access to know what your data is being processed, for what purpose it is processed, where the data has been obtained and if they are going to communicate it or have communicated it to someone.
- Right of rectification to modify your inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Right of cancellation to cancel your inadequate or excessive data.
- Right of opposition to prevent your data from being processed or to stop processing it, although only in the cases established by law.
- Right to limit processing to request that data processing be suspended in the cases established by law.
- Right to data portability to be able to receive your data provided in a structured and commonly used electronic format and to be able to transmit it to another person in charge.
- Right not to be subject to individualized decisions so that a decision is not made about you that produces legal effects or affects you based solely on the processing of your data.
7. How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise any of your rights you must request it by email INMOKING@INMOKING.COM including:
1.- Photocopy of the DNI (passport or other identity document) or electronic signature.
2.- Content of the request that you make and, if necessary, the documents that accredit it.
3.- Address (for notification purposes), date and signature.
If you exercise your rights by an expressly designated voluntary representative, you must provide the document or electronic instrument that proves the representation.
In the event that the owner of the data is a minor or incapacitated, the rights will be exercised by their duly accredited legal representative.
8. What can you do if your rights have not been taken care of?
In the event that you consider that we have not satisfied your request, you can submit a claim to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection.
9. Links to other websites
If you want more information, the Spanish Data Protection Agency has published a citizen’s guide, you can access it at: